Morgan McLernon have been providing first class transportation services for over forty years. We specialise in frozen and chilled distribution. We invest heavily in our fleet meaning that we are able to offer our customers the very latest in transportation technology, from multi-temp fridges through to full satellite tracking.
We are currently recruiting for a Finance Assistant on our Morgan McLernon site in Craigavon and Lurgan.
Shift : Monday – Friday
Salary: £23,000 – £27,000 per annum (depending on experience)
This role will provide support to the accounts receivable, accounts payable & credit control function.
- Assist with Accounts Receivable sales processes
- Accurately receipt and allocate payments daily to the ledger
- Process month end statements
- Data entry onto the finance system, maintaining customer rates and additional charges in preparation for weekly accounts
- Proactively manage the debtor’s ledger, ensuring debts are collected within agreed credit terms
- Monitor outstanding debts via telephone, email and letter
- Develop and maintain strong customer and supplier relationships
- Reduce debtor days and debtor balances
- Assist with Accounts Payable invoice and payment processes
- Posting and allocating payments on to SAGE accounts
- Assist with reconciliations, month-end processes and financial reports
- Liaise with customers, suppliers and internal departments to resolve queries in a timely manner
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Recent experience in a finance / credit control setting or similar role
- Experience of working to targets and deadlines
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Experience of effective negotiation with difficult customers
- Excellent IT and administrational skills
- Proficient user of all Microsoft applications and SAGE
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team
- Additional Information
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a personable and growing business with plenty of opportunities and a great team.