Trinity Support and Care Services require Staff Nurses throughout Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
Reporting to: Person In Charge/Nurse Manager
The Staff Nurse will the promotion and delivery of safe person centred care, ensuring regulatory and contract compliance, whilst at all times promoting the values and brand of Trinity Support and Care Services.
Will promote and practice nursing according to:
- The Professional Code of Conduct as laid down by the NMBI
- Professional Clinical Guidelines
- Local policies, protocols and guidelines
- Current legislation as it applies to the role
- Ensure that all work within the service, is user focused and upholds the principles of respect, privacy, dignity, fulfilment, independence and choice.
- Promote and maintain nursing standards of person centred care, including the promotion of normalisation and quality of life issues.
- Participate in the development of protocols and guidelines, and the setting of professional nursing standards.
- Be competent in relation to all relevant clinical policies and procedures
- To deal with issues of concern or complaints sensitively and appropriately.
- Partnership with the relevant statutory agencies, families and others, in planning and developing person centred programmes of care and support.
- To monitor and support service users towards independence and contribute to the review of each adult in partnership with the multi-disciplinary/agency teams.
- Responsible for and the monitoring of the overall healthcare, prevention of illness, and promote healthy lifestyles with service users.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individualised service user person-centred care programmes within an agreed framework, in accordance with best practice and grounded in recent evidence based nursing research.
- Develop and maintain close links with the services users, family / guardians ensuring a partnership approach.
- Work closely with the multidisciplinary team to achieve optimal input for the service user.
- Act as an advocate for service users and their families and provide information to empower them in decision making, goal setting and problem solving in order to optimise their contribution and facilitate their participation in community based activities.
- To co-ordinate and contribute to the selection, recruitment and induction of new staff and to provide an effective leadership of all staff under and within the centre, through regular supervision, effective communication, management of workloads, assessment and verification of staff undergoing career development, qualifications and identification of development needs.
- To personally contribute towards a positive, cohesive and therapeutic environment and to deal appropriately with matters relating to disciplinary, grievance, untoward incidents and complaints
- To develop good working relationships and actively promote community presence within the local community through positive representation of the Trinity Support & Care Services brand.
- To ensure efficient and effective administration procedures are in place to comply with Trinity Support & Care Service’s policy and Regulatory/Legislative requirements to include rota planning, the storage and dispensation of medication.
- To complete H&S monthly monitoring reports and Work in partnership with contractors, health and safety experts to ensure that all activities are carried out in a manner which is safe to everyone within scheme and in accordance with Regulatory/Legislative requirements.
Professional Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of the legal frameworks in Ireland pertaining to residential care i.e. Health Act 2007, HIQA National Disability Standards etc
- Knowledge of quality assurance practises and their application to day to day service provision
- Experience of working with children and young people with an Intellectual Disability/ Autism/ Associated Mental Health needs
- Knowledge of Person Centred Care Planning and risk assessment
- Knowledge of inspections and audits, and experience of dealing with such; directly or indirectly
Requirements of the Role:
- To work as part of a MD Team and provide clinical nursing support to the staff team.
- Contribute to the identification of training needs pertinent to the clinical area, and health and social care area
- You will be required to participate in the company performance management process.
- To adhere to and model the company values, behaviours and competencies at all times
- To carry out all duties of the post in accordance with Trinity Support & Care Service’s standards, regulations and policies
- To carry out additional duties of the role and all other required duties as and when necessary
Skills and Competencies:
Communication and Interpersonal
- To speak clearly, fluently and in a compelling manner with both individuals and groups.
- Have the ability to adapt communication styles to suit audience.
- Ability to write in a clear, factual and concise manner, using appropriate templates, styles and language for the reader.
- Ability to establish, maintain and end therapeutic interpersonal relationships with users of the service and other stakeholders.
- To build rapport quickly with others.
Adaptability and Reliability
- Able to react effectively at short notice to changing circumstances.
- Willing to accept advice and suggestions from others and to learn from experience by changing personal behaviours.
- Demonstrate a high level of using own initiative in all aspects of the job.
Problem solving and Initiative
- To build a logical and sensitive approach to address problems or opportunities or manage the situation at hand, by drawing on professional knowledge and experiences, and calling on other resources as necessary.
- An ability in taking appropriate action; the ability to think ahead of the current situation, particularly before problems or crisis occur; i.e. proactive based approaches to be prioritised
Quality and Person Centeredness
- Demonstrates eagerness to understand service user needs.
- Views the service user as central to the delivery of every day service provision, through consistent understanding, tolerance, care, support and empathy while promoting empowerment, independence and choice.
- Determined to offer a quality service through the achievement of goals and quality standards.
Leadership and Accountability
- Manages performance, to deliver team goals.
- Creates a climate in which people want to do their best.
- Promotes confidence and positive attitudes while influencing others to follow a common goal.
- Demonstrates accountability for leading, directing, monitoring and evaluating work that is provided by all employees.
Scope of Practice
- Competent demeanour having the authority to perform the full range of roles, functions, responsibilities and activities, required of his/her profession in Ireland.
- Accepts responsibility for ensuring that his/her professional practice and conduct meets the standards of the professional, ethical and relevant legislative and regulation requirements.
- Demonstrates a commitment to maintaining, enhancing and extending their knowledge, expertise and competence throughout their professional career.
- Full valid driving licence on application and access to own transport on appointment. (If a disability precludes an individual from holding a driver’s licence, it should be stated how they can meet the mobility requirement of the post)
- On call duties will be required
- Available to work flexibly
- Proof of eligibility for permanent employment with Trinity Support & Care Services, in the Republic of Ireland at time of appointment
Education and Qualifications:
- Be registered with An Bord Altranais and the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland
- Minimum of 3 years experience of working as a nurse.
- Demonstrable aptitude for effective person and resource management
Apply: Please request an application form via the Apply for Job button
About Trinity Support and Care Services
Trinity Support & Care services Ltd is a new and innovative company, providing quality assured, safe and person-centred residential care and outreach support services, to children and adults with Intellectual disabilities, autism and associated mental health needs.