Trinity Support and Care Services require Team Leaders reporting to Manager/Registered Manager.
Purpose of Post:
The primary objective of this post is to provide care and support through a person-centred approach which meets the practical, physical and emotional needs of service users, with a Learning Disability, Autism Spectrum Disorder or associated Mental Health needs.
To assist persons with a disability with their day-to-day living, training and day time opportunities, in which to live life to their fullest potential; achieve their highest level of functioning to maintain independence and/or to improve skills that will make them more
The Team Leader role will also be responsible for leading and co-ordinating the shift whilst on duty, delegation of tasks and for the supervision of other staff under his/her direction. The Team Leader will be placed in residential services where they will be required to work collaboratively as part of an MDT in the provision of safe, person-centred and quality assured services to users of the service. The Team Leader will report directly to the Person In-Charge/Manager.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
Candidates must meet the following criteria on the closing date:
- A third level qualification or equivalent in the area of health & social care i.e. Social Work, Nursing, Social Care, Social Policy, Psychology (or other relevant discipline)
- Have a minimum of two years’ experience of working in similar settings/residential services, with people with a learning disability, autism or associated mental health needs.
- Experience of leading a team of staff in a social care environment, preferably residential care
- A professional commitment and passion in making a difference in the lives of adults with a learning disability, autism or associated mental health needs
- A personal commitment towards a journey of continuous professional development
- Competent in Microsoft packages
- Full driving licence
- Previous experience of managing a team in a supported living/residential setting for people with disabilities or associated mental health needs
- With a minimum of two years’ experience
Special Skills and Competencies:
Professional Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of the legal frameworks in Northern Ireland pertaining to Day Services/ Domiciliary Care /Residential care i.e. Minimum Standards etc
- Knowledge of quality assurance practises and their application to day to day service provision
- Experience of working with people with a Learning Disability/Autism/Associated Mental Health needs
- Knowledge of services to people with a disability
- Knowledge of Person Centred Care Planning and risk assessment
- Knowledge of inspections and audits, and experience of dealing with such; directly or indirectly
Communication and Interpersonal
- To speak clearly, fluently and in a compelling manner with both individuals and groups.
- Have the ability to adapt communication styles to suit audience.
- Ability to write in a clear, factual and concise manner, using appropriate templates, styles and language for the reader.
- Ability to establish, maintain and end therapeutic interpersonal relationships with users of the service and other stakeholders.
- To build rapport quickly with others.
Adaptability and Reliability
- Able to react effectively at short notice to changing circumstances.
- Willing to accept advice and suggestions from others and to learn from experience by changing personal behaviours.
- Demonstrate a high level of using own initiative in all aspects of the job.
- Problem solving and Initiative
- To build a logical and sensitive approach to address problems or opportunities or manage the situation at hand, by drawing on professional knowledge and experiences, and calling on other resources as necessary.
- An ability in taking appropriate action; the ability to think ahead of the current situation, particularly before problems or crisis occur; i.e. proactive based approaches to be prioritised
Quality and Person Centeredness
- Demonstrates eagerness to understand service user needs. Views the service user as central to the delivery of every day service provision, through consistent understanding, tolerance, care, support and empathy while promoting empowerment, independence and choice.
- Determined to offer a quality service through the achievement of goals and quality standards.
Leadership and Accountability
- Manages performance, to deliver team goals. Creates a climate in which people want to do their best.
- Promotes confidence and positive attitudes while influencing others to follow a common goal.
- Demonstrates accountability for leading, directing, monitoring and evaluating work that is provided by all employees.
Scope of Practice
- Competent demeanour having the authority to perform the full range of roles, functions, responsibilities and activities, required of his/her profession in Ireland.
- Accepts responsibility for ensuring that his/her professional practice and conduct meets the standards of the professional, ethical and relevant legislative and regulation requirements.
- Demonstrates a commitment to maintaining, enhancing and extending their knowledge, expertise and competence throughout their professional career.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the overall direction of the Manager/Registered Manager, the Team Leader will be responsible for the following, ensuring privacy, dignity and respect of persons with a disability, autism or associated mental health needs.
- Further Education support
- Competitive salaries
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to Pension scheme
- Additional Birthday leave day
- Career progression
- Flexibility to support a better work/life balance
- Recognition gestures of goodwill throughout the year for staff
Coming Soon: Company pension with a company contribution and a Death in Service benefit
Apply: Please request an application form via the Apply for Job button
About Trinity Support and Care Services
Trinity Support & Care services Ltd is a new and innovative company, providing quality assured, safe and person-centred residential care and outreach support services, to children and adults with Intellectual disabilities, autism and associated mental health needs.