In Norbrook we pride ourselves in being one of the top companies in Northern Ireland and one of the top veterinary pharmaceutical companies globally. We develop and manufacture veterinary medicines, supplying products to 120 countries globally. With a strong portfolio of existing products and significant investment in R&D to launch new products annually, we have opportunities for individuals to join us and develop their career in a global company.
Our business strategy is supported by our Values – Customer Value, One Team, Results Driven, Excellence, Innovation, and Quality – and we support our employees to live the behaviours that creates our culture. Our on-going success is based on the expertise, knowledge and innovation of our employees.
If you are interested in joining our team here at Norbrook and supporting our vision, then apply for this role.
Technical Support Lead Job Overview
Technical Support Leads are responsible for all aspects of manufacturing providing support for the
overall consistent running of the manufacturing and filling areas. This support will include leading
investigations to identify root cause and appropriate corrective actions and therefore meeting
production output needs of the company.
Technical Support Lead Main Activities/Tasks
- Lead deviation investigations and develop robust CAPA’s to prevent reoccurrence and ensure
timely disposition of all material in QT that is relevant to assigned area
- Review Deviations for area and ensure that root cause for deviation has been identified and work with manufacturing team to develop CAPA to prevent reoccurrence.
- Review documentation (Validation protocols, reports, PCRS) for area and work with cross
functional teams to ensure documentation reflects manufacturing process.
- Process and validation ownership of new and existing equipment and processes ensuring they
meet all GxP standards and that they improve the quality and product output deliverables.
- Raise Change controls when necessary to ensure where appropriate no impact on production
schedule. Liaise with other departments to ensure change control meets necessary
- Work with other departments supporting Compliance Excellence initiative to ensure area is
fully compliant with all GMP and customer requirements.
- Support development and training of staff through mentoring and actively supporting and
coaching staff on continuous improvement techniques and leading implementation of
improvements introduced through SOP updates and change control.
- Control and purchase of production related consumables ensuring they meet cGMP standards
- Flexibility, some areas of operation are continuous and will require occasional out of hours
- Degree qualified or equivalent or demonstrate at least 5 years of relevant experience in regulated industry.
- 12 months minimum experience in a similar technical support role.
- Highly motivated to achieve targets on time
- Very good problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills, with demonstrable record of working in cross-functional teams to deliver results
- Experience of working in a regulated environment (i.e. Pharmaceuticals, Healthcare, or food sectors).
- Previous Aseptic Sterile manufacturing experience
- Experience in Lean/Six Sigma methodology
Duration: Full time, permanent
Location: Newry, Co. Down
Remuneration: Salary Attractive
Benefits: Free Life Assurance, Company Pension Scheme, 30 days annual leave, Wedding Leave, Employee well-being initiatives, Healthcare plan, Company Sick Pay, Employee Assistance Programme, On-site free parking, Canteen Facilities, Employee Perks scheme, Discounted Car Insurance, Annual Employee raffle, employee recognition scheme, career development opportunities and much more
Norbrook Laboratories Limited employs a workforce with members of all sections of the community and is committed to appointing people purely on the basis of merit. In accordance with our equal opportunities policy we would particularly like to welcome applicants from the Protestant Community